NOTE: In light of the rapidly changing situation at Wartburg College we will be taking a hiatus from Knight Wire until Fall Term. We have been honored to update visitors on campus and community news.
- CORONAVIRUS FALLOUT SHAKES UP D-III ATHLETICSDivision III coaches and athletes are slowly adjusting the future of recruiting, training and competing in a world changed by COVID-19
- TRUMPET RECEIVES OUTSTANDING ORGANIZATION AWARDTHE TRUMPET STAFF The Wartburg Trumpet on Wednesday, April 1, was chosen to receive the 2019-2020 Outstanding Organization Award at…
- LIVING IN LIMBO: WARTBURG’S INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS DECIDE WHETHER TO STAY OR GOOn March 18, Wartburg College President Darrel Colson told students to return home. Many of the college’s 1,505 students packed and left within the day — international students were not able to take the same action.
Gerdes has received numerous individual achievements as a Knight. Over the years, she has collected numerous conference player of the week awards, an American Rivers Conference (A-R-C) MVP last season, and was voted an honorable mention all-American in 2019 by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association.
- A-R-C CANCELS SPRING SEASON DUE TO COVID-19The American Rivers Conference (A-R-C) will cancel spring season competition due to COVID-19, according to a statement released by the…
- TOURNAMENT MADNESS: NO. 8 WOMEN TOP SEEDED IN A-R-C, MEN SNEAK INTO TOURNAMENTAs the regular season comes to a close, the American Rivers Conference (A-R-C) basketball tournaments are right around the corner. Both the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams have qualified for the A-R-C tournament.
- MEN’S BASKETBALL CAPS OFF REGULAR SEASON WITH 92-81 WINThe Wartburg men’s basketball team finished off regular season action with a 92-81 point victory over the University of Dubuque Spartans Saturday afternoon. With the win, the Knights completed the series sweep, as Wartburg won the previous matchup, 95-79.
Wartburg College is to host the new exhibition “Artificial Order” at the Waldemar A. Schmidt Art Gallery by artists Laura Colby Gleissner and Elissa Cox Wenthe. The exhibition will be on display from Monday, Feb. 17, through Mar. 29 and presents the collaborative and individual artwork pieces of these two artists.
- ARTIFICIAL ORDER: NEW EXHIBIT OPENS IN FINE ARTS CENTERWartburg College is to host the new exhibition “Artificial Order” at the Waldemar A. Schmidt Art Gallery by artists Laura Colby Gleissner and Elissa Cox Wenthe. The exhibition will be on display from Monday, Feb. 17, through Mar. 29 and presents the collaborative and individual artwork pieces of these two artists.
- CASTLE SINGERS TO TOUR FLORIDAThe Midwest, as well as Florida, will be welcoming Wartburg’s Castle Singers, an on-campus, student-run chamber choir of 24 members. The ensemble will be going on the 2020 National Tour from Feb. 28 to March 7.
- OPERA WORKSHOP PREPARES ‘THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO’Wartburg College Opera Workshop performers have been rehearsing each night since January, leading up to “The Marriage of Figaro”’s opening night.